YESTERDAY was Mock Election day in America! While we were voting yesterday in period five, I had students watch a Presidential BrainPop Video and then play a game called "Win the Whitehouse" in the GameUp section of Brainpop. Today I also want to give you the opportunity to do these same two activities because I think they are important and you will learn a lot.
Here is a link to the video.
And, here is a link to the Game. It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you read the instructions in this game!
It's Mock Election day in America! While we are voting today, you are going to be watching a Presidential BrainPop Video and then playing a game called "Win the Whitehouse" in the GameUp section of Brainpop.
Here is a link to the video.
And, here is a link to the Game. It's EXTREMELY IMPORTANT that you read the instructions in this
Good afternoon! I hope your week is off to a great start! I have been busy scanning all those benchmarks you took so your teachers can analyze all those scores.
1. Today I would like to begin by having you log-in to weebly right away. We are going to take a good hard look at those biography pages to make sure they are looking like the high-quality pages I intended them to be.
2. Once you have logged-in to weebly we are all going to visit Wikipedia, the online encyclopedia for additional information about the historical figure you researched.
3. We are going to add some multimedia to your pages as well (pictures and a slideshow).
To Review: last time you came to computers I shared instructions with you on how to complete the bio cube for a famous historical figure using the brainpop website as a resource. Today we are going to do some deeper research around that historical figure you chose.
1. Please open the BIO Cube PDF you saved in the StudentHAR folder last class. If you didn't finish completing the bio cube you should still open the one you saved in your folder.
2. If you did not finish the bio cube last time, please also open a blank word document. Only do this if you didn't finish last time.
3. Wait for instructions. We are going to transfer many of the notes you took onto a new biography page on your website. Then we are going to start doing some more in-depth research so your new webpage is more informative!
Thanks for coming to the blog page. You will visit this page everyday for class assignment instructions and digital materials. Mr. Griswold will update this blog every time there is class (unless there are special circumstances). You can also access this page from home by visiting http://6thgradegriswold.weebly.com.
Today we will be starting a biography assignment about a famous historical figure. This will become one of the first pages on YOUR new website. You will need this link:
And you will need this link:
For that second link, make sure you click on bio cube after you type in your name.
Assignment: choose one historical figure from the brainpop list, watch the video, and fill out the bio cube completely. Please note that sides 2-6 will only let you type a certain amount of text before you run out of space. Only include the MOST important information!
Once you have finished filling out the CUBE, you will be saving the document in your personal folder and printing it (stayed tuned for more instructions there).